PUNE, INDIA, Feb. 1, 2013 – Aquatech International Corporation, a global leader in water purification technology for the industrial and infrastructure markets, participated in the US-India Business Council’s (USIBC) inaugural Executive Business Delegation to Vibrant Gujarat. During the mission, Devesh Sharma, Managing Director of Aquatech, participated in a panel discussion on “Innovative Infrastructure: New Ideas & Technologies to Advance Growth,” and Dr. Karl Michael Millauer, Senior Vice President, and Sreekumar V. Pillai, General Manager – Project Development, Aquatech Systems Asia, also represented the company.
The goal of USIBC’s Executive Mission, composed of senior U.S. business executives representing a broad range of sectors, was to promote Gujarat as India’s global business hub. Gujarat, known as the Growth Engine of India, is one of the progressive states in India. The policies of the state government are very favorable to doing business in the state, and they offer progress-friendly policies that promote strategic growth.
Under Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s leadership, the state of Gujarat has emerged as one of the most attractive investment destinations for American businesses seeking a predictable regulatory environment, a highly skilled technical and multilingual workforce, and established basic, yet critical infrastructure.
The Vibrant Gujarat 2013 Summit is an example of a visionary approach of the Government of Gujarat towards inclusive and sustainable development. The events is carefully planned to reach out to a larger audience and provide a common platform to think tanks, academia, industrialists and government officials to analyze and suggest avenues for Gujarat to take leadership roles especially in the field of innovation and sustainability. A total of 2,100 delegates from 121 countries attended Vibrant Gujarat.
Aquatech has a strong presence in India. Its Eastern operations are based in Pune with a full complement of capabilities including R&D, engineering, manufacturing, business development and technical support. Aquatech’s process design team in Pune bids on and executes large projects throughout India, the Middle East and even worldwide.
Key reference projects in India include:
- Wastewater recycling projects for Reliance Jamnagar Refinery in Gujarat – the world’s largest grassroots refinery.
- A seawater reverse osmosis (SWRO) plant for one of India’s first Ultra Mega Power Projects, the 4000 MW power plant of Coastal Gujarat Power Ltd. in Mundra Gujarat.
- The wastewater recycle system for Mumbai International Airport Ltd, which included technology backup from AECOM UK for the biological systems and featured an ingenious engineering design to accommodate the wastewater plant within very limited space.
- The 13,000 cubic meters per day (m3/day) SWRO based desalination plant for Coastal Energen Pvt. Ltd. (CEPL), for its 2 x 600 MW thermal power plant in Tuticorin, Tamilnadu.
- A hybrid Zero Liquid Discharge plant utilizing high efficiency reverse osmosis (HERO™) technology for Chemplast Sanmar’s chlor alkali plant in Mettur Tamil Nadu. The plant now recycles over 97% of the facility’s wastewater, and the waste solid salt generated by the ZLD system is recycled as raw material into the chemical process plant. This plant was ‘Commended’ by Global Water Intelligence and won awards by Confederation of India Industries, both in 2010.
Aquatech (www.aquatech.com) is a global leader in water purification technology for industrial and infrastructure markets with a focus on desalination, water reuse, and zero liquid discharge. The company is headquartered in the United States, and has a significant presence worldwide through subsidiaries in India, Europe, the Middle East, and China. Aquatech strives to provide technology leadership and performance excellence to the global water industry, and aims to support its clients with cutting edge sustainable solutions, minimizing their life cycle cost, as well as their carbon and water footprint.