Zero-liquid discharge (ZLD) is a water treatment process in which all wastewater is purified and recycled; therefore, leaving zero discharge at the end of the treatment cycle. ZLD is an advanced wastewater treatment method that includes ultrafiltration, reverse osmosis, evaporation/crystallization, and fractional electrodeionization.
Aquatech has an unparalleled depth of experience in ZLD, which include more than 160 installations, including stand-alone thermal/evaporative processes, membrane processes, or hybrid systems.
ZLD For ELG Compliance
Aquatech provides proven ZLD solutions to coal-fired power plants that are in compliance with ELG’s for wastewater discharge, and has been involved with the treatment of FGD blowdown waters since 2007. Selecting Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) not only provides more time to the power plants to implement the solutions at their facilities, but also gives the assurance that no future changes in the ELGs shall have impact on their NPDES Permit.
ZLD At a Glance
- 160 ZLD installations on 6 continents
- Innovators in Hybrid ZLD, merging membranes, and thermal evaporators
- Reliable and cost effective solutions
- Customer support for long term reliability
- Specialized ZLD operation and maintenance services
- Falling Film Brine Concentrators
- Forced Circulation Crystallizer
- Horizontal Spray Film Evaporator
- Hybrid Systems with Membrane Pre-Concentrators
- Biological Treatment
- Solids Waste Handling